One Day Safety Rep / Safety Committee Member Refresher
For Safety Representatives, Safety Committee members and learners who wish to keep up to speed with developments in workplace health and safety
"It was a very good refresher training session.
The group Interactions were informative and the hand-outs were a very good guide." E.K. 4/3/21
"Got something from most specks of the course .. especially the bit on mental health and Covid-19" V.M. 4/3/21
"Every part of the course was beneficial to me – found out so much that I wasn’t aware about. The course was absolutely brilliant and Mary explained everything so well and made it so interesting. Excellent instructor." L.N.
"Very informative, relevant, and interesting. Thank you again! " B.L
"Very interesting. Very easy to listen to. Good course." Gerry Duffy, Colas,
"It was a perfect format as a Refresher. and all questions answered." M.G.
"Any questions you ask will be answered. Any information you seek will be given to you (or where to find it)."
"Excellent Tutor who imparted her knowledge of H&S legislation and requirements in a very efficient manner" Brendan O'Shea
The aim of the course is to equip participants with all the latest skills and knowledge to ensure they can operate at their optimum as Safety Representatives/Safety Committee members.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Renew their understanding of the concepts of the promotion of safety, health and welfare in the workplace
- Be familiar with the most up to date core health and safety legislation
- Understand the role, the rights and the function of the safety representative
- Renew their understanding of the importance of the safety statement, hazard identification and risk assessment
- Be able to explain fire hazards, their sources and the requirement for the fire prevention controls
- Renew their understanding of the communication process and effective participation at meetings
- Renew their understanding of the factors of accident causation, describe prevention strategies and policies
The course will cover the following topics and include any additional topics as requested by learners.
- Safety Representation and Safety Consultation
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Risk Control and Behavioural Safety
- Accidents and Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Workplace Inspections
- Influencing, Communicating and Negotiating
- Sources of Health and Safety Information
- Preparing and Implementing the Safety Statement
- Common hazards including: fire, chemicals, manual handling, repetitive handling, DSE workstations, bullying, work related stress, work equipment, work at heights.
How you will learn
The training method employs a practical approach to learning with detailed presentations, individual exercises, group work and interactive discussions.
Number of participants
To optimise the benefits to the learners, programme numbers will be restricted to 6 learners. This will allow the day to be customised, as far as possible, to the individual training needs of each learner.
Learners completing the programme will be awarded an Occupational Health + Safety Services Attendance Certificate: Safety Representative – Refresher Training.
Safety Rep /Safety Committee Member Refresher Training
Revised to include information on Covid19 WORK SAFELY PROTOCOL
Upcoming Course Dates:
Training delivered on-line via Zoom on:
Date: Thursday 24th March 2022
Time: 9.00am - 4.00pm
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-441637 or firstname.lastname@example.org for Registration Form
Mary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc CMIOSH LFOH