One Day Safety Rep / Safety Committee Member Refresher
For Safety Representatives, Safety Committee members and learners who wish to keep up to speed with developments in workplace health and safety
"It was a perfect format as a Refresher. and all questions answered." M.G. 7/6/17
" Any questions you ask will be answered. Any information you seek will be given to you (or where to find it). 7/6/17
"Excellent Tutor who imparted her knowledge of H&S legislation and requirements in a very efficient manner" Brendan O'Shea 7/6/17
The aim of the course is to equip participants with all the latest skills and knowledge to ensure they can operate at their optimum as Safety Representatives/Safety Committee members.
Learners who successfully complete this course will:
- Renew their understanding of the concepts of the promotion of safety, health and welfare in the workplace
- Be familiar with the most up to date core health and safety legislation
- Understand the role, the rights and the function of the safety representative
- Renew their understanding of the importance of the safety statement, hazard identification and risk assessment
- Be able to explain fire hazards, their sources and the requirement for the fire prevention controls
- Renew their understanding of the communication process and effective participation at meetings
- Renew their understanding of the factors of accident causation, describe prevention strategies and policies
The course will cover the following topics and include any additional topics as requested by learners.
- Safety Representation and Safety Consultation
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Risk Control and Behavioural Safety
- Accidents and Incident Reporting and Investigation
- Workplace Inspections
- Influencing, Communicating and Negotiating
- Sources of Health and Safety Information
- Preparing and Implementing the Safety Statement
- Common hazards including: fire, chemicals, manual handling, repetitive handling, DSE workstations, bullying, work related stress, work equipment, work at heights.
How you will learn
The training method employs a practical approach to learning with detailed presentations, individual exercises, group work and interactive discussions.
Number of participants
To optimise the benefits to the learners, programme numbers will be restricted to 6 learners. This will allow the day to be customised, as far as possible, to the individual training needs of each learner.
The assessment will comprise a safety inspection checklist which will be prepared during the programme.
Successful learners will be awarded an Occupational Health + Safety Services Certificate Safety Representative – Refresher Training.
Safety Representative Refresher Training Upcoming Course Dates:
Date: Friday 29th March 2019|
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Location: Westside Resource Centre, Galway,
In-house training programmes from €700
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-563207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please tick the topics on the list according to their priority for you from the downloaded form
For details on upcoming courses Email OHSS or Tel: Mary Murphy at 091-563207
Mary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc CMIOSH LFOH