Health and Safety Representation (3-day programme)
For Safety Representatives, Safety Committee members and learners who wish to engage in safety consultation within the workplace
AimThe aim of the course is to equip the participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to operate effectively as safety representatives and safety committee members.
Learner ProfileLearners ideally will have 2 years work experience where they will have had exposure to and some experience of health and safety related activities.
Course details:Learners who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- Understand the basics of the safety and health legal system
- Explain the roles of the safety representatives and safety committee members
- Engage in effective communications with management and employees
- Identify hazards and carry out risk assessments
- Describe how to prepare and implement the safety statement
- Carry out safety and health inspections
- Investigate accidents and analyse accident statistics
- Source safety and health information
- Understand risk-control and safety and health management at work
How you will learnEach module adopts a practical approach to learning with detailed presentations, individual exercises, group work, interactive discussions and workplace assignments. To optimise the benefits to the learners, programme numbers will be restricted to 10 learners. This will allow each module to be customised, as far as possible, to the individual training needs of each learner.
AssessmentThree assessments will be completed.
- A written examination of duration 60 minutes will be completed on the afternoon of the third day. (30%)
- During the programme learners must demonstrate their ability to employ effective methods of communicating and promoting safety in the workplace (20%)
- A workplace safety audit project will be completed and submitted within 2 weeks of completing the programme (50%).
CertificationSuccessful learners will be awarded OHSS H&S Representative certificate
For further information on any aspect of this programme, please contact: Mary Murphy 091-563207
TutorsMary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc CMIOSH LFOH
Upcoming Course Dates:
H&S Representative 3-day Training Course
|Dates: Fridays 25th October, 1st and 8th November 2019 |
Venue: Westside Resource Centre, Seamus Quirke Road, Galway
In-house training programmes can also be arranged.
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-563207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: "All training programmes will proceed contingent on a minimum of 4 bookings"
For details on all upcoming courses Email OHSS or Tel: Mary Murphy at 091-563207