DSE Risk Assessor
"If you are interested in helping people create healthier environments and ways to live in their workplace I would highly recommend
this course. The course will enable you to feel confident about helping other people""
Olive 7th June 2018
"It needs to be done if you are working in a DSE Workstation. It will save you lots
Alazne 7th June 2018
"Highly recommend, excellent tutor, interactive course and very informative"
V.O 7th June 2018
"Very beneficial, very well presented and great info and documents are provided"
"Mary went beyond the base regulations and teaches in such a way that the learner feels inspired to help the employees
during their risk assessment"
"Very satisfied with the course. Feel I have learned a lot regards good posture and now have a better
understanding of all legal requirements associated with DSE.
I also feel I will be a lot more confident carrying our DSE assessments for my company."
C Snype 28/10/15
"Engaging and interesting course. Nice small class size. Trainer open to questions and wishing to elaborate /
explain concepts in more detail if needed."
K.D. 19th March 2015
This course has been designed to give learners the skills to carry out competent ergonomic assessments of display screen equipment (DSE) workstations. Learners will gain a thorough understanding of why ergonomic assessments are necessary, and the techniques to use. The course:
- Contains relevant theoretical knowledge and associated skills
- Follows a learner-centred approach in order to maximise understanding
- Features group projects and exercises
- Is backed up by resource material and direct input from the tutor
The Aim of the course is to produce learners with the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence to make a significant contribution to an organisation’s health and safety performance with respect to DSE and workstations.
By the end of the course, learners should be able to
- List and explain the main requirements of relevant legislation – including the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005, Safety Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 Chapter 5 Part 2 Display Screen Equipment - as they relate to:
- The definition of the DSE users and operators
- What constitutes DSE and what comprises a DSE workstation
- The minimum requirements for DSE workstations
- The principles of risk assessments and how to apply them to a DSE workstation
- The training and information needed for DSE users and operators
- The need for eye and eyesight testing for DSE users and operators
- The records needed for DSE workstations, users and operators
- Describe the possible harmful effects to the eyes, musculoskeletal system, nervous system, and psychological wellbeing of people that may be caused by the use of DSE.
- Carry out risk assessments, identify techniques for reducing risk and make recommendations for corrective action to minimise harm that may be caused to DSE users and operators
- Demonstrate appropriate sitting postures and identify harmful postures and use
- Appreciate how DSE assessment is an integral part of overall health and safety management in an organisation.
How you will learn
The course will maximize your understanding of assessing risks for computer users through a combination of : group projects and exercises; learning supported by resource material and direct input from the tutor. To optimise benefits to learners, programme numbers will be restricted to 6 learners.
An open book examination will be completed by learners at the end of the programme.
Successful learners will be awarded an O H S S certificate DSE Risk Assessor
For further information on any aspect of this programme, please contact:
Mary Murphy 091-563207
Upcoming Course Dates:
|Contact OHSS for upcoming dates|
DSE Risk Assessment (1-day programme)
In-house training programmes from €800
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-563207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill in an application form for this course DSE Risk Assessment
For details on all upcoming courses Email OHSS or Tel: Mary Murphy at 091-563207
Mary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc CMIOSH LFOH