Construction Health and Safety Information (In-house half-day programme)
For construction employees and employers of construction workers.
"I would highly recommend OHSS to carry out further training with our company. Mary (the course co-ordinator) was excellent at interacting with the audience. Got everyone involved and her course content was excellent and suited our work environment". AMMcP – (HSQE Officer) 14/10/18
"Would highly recommend." R Clarke 14/10/18
AimThe aim of the 3-hour programme is to highlight the many varied health and safety hazards of construction activities and re-inforce the key steps that should be taken to eliminate or minimise risks. Programme Content
Programme ContentThe course will cover the following topics and include any additional topics as requested by learners.
- Current HSA statistics on construction accidents;
- Research finding on: time of occurrence ; activity being completed and causal factors for non-reportable construction accidents.
- Human failings leading to accidents
- Driving for work. Statistics on fatigue, distractions, speed, vehicle and journey
- Respiratory disease, contact dermatitis and mental ill-health
- Hand –arm vibration and noise
- Manual handling – the one thing you must never forget!
- Sun exposure
- Office safety
How you will engage
The information session will include quizzes, videos and practical demonstrations.
Number of participants
To optimise the benefits to the learners, programme numbers should be restricted to 20 attendees.
FeeContact Mary Murphy , OHSS at 091-563207 for information on fee for presenting the programme in-house at your facility.
Mary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc CMIOSH LFOH
For details on all upcoming courses Email OHSS or Tel: Mary Murphy at 091-563207