Handling Hazardous Chemicals (Chemical Handling) ....One Day Training Course
For employers and employees with responsibilities for managing the safe use of chemicals at work and implementing the requirements of current legislation.
The objective of the course is to equip the participants with the skills and knowledge necessary to assess the hazards presented by the use of chemicals in their workplace and to be able to identify the controls required.
The course content will include.
- Legislation, duties of employees under 2005 Act;
- Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (Chemical Agents)Regulations 2001
- Routes of entry and risks to health; (identification of participants' most significant routes of entry)
- Types of Hazardous Substances - General
- Substances in use at participants' workplaces (production; lab; stores etc)
- Requirements for Labels and Signs
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Hazardous material storage
- Exposure Control
- Risk assessment of handling activities at participants' workplaces and identification of the most hazardous.
How you will learn
The emphasis throughout is on a practical approach with detailed presentations followed by individual exercises, group work and interactive discussions.
Upcoming Chemical Handling Training (1-Day)
In-house training programmes from €800
Contact: MARY MURPHY 091-563207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TutorsMary Murphy MMedScOccHealth BSc MIITD CMIOSH LFOH
Brenda Harrington MA BSc PgDipEP